Monday, February 16, 2009

People who rock flip flops and drive with the top down in the winter

Whats with people these days? Its fucking February! Why are they wearing flops? And I'm not talking about one of those freak 70 degree days. I'm talking 42 degrees with a windchill into the upper 30s and dudes are in flops. Not women, dudes. Look I love my flops. In the summertime thats all I wear. But in the winter???? C'mon. Your feet are white as snow and are also turning a slight tinge of blue from frost bite. What are they thinking? Prime, I caught the guy who drives "PHAT 4D" truck coming out with a winter jacket, jeans, and flip flops. It seems like an epidemic, I've never seen it like I've seen it this year. And then the chumps who are driving their convertibles with the top down. If its cold enough to snow the top should stay up. Especially if your in a Miata or something like that. You might be able to pull if off in a Ferrari but not in a mustang. People like that are opened for mockery. I'll pull up to them and be like aren't you cold? They tend to smile or laugh it off and I say seriously its like 35 what are you doing. I guess people are prepping for global warming????

3 comments:

booncakes said...

i think that's strictly a VB thing. I know they don't do that up here. In fact, I used to feel weird rocking the sandals even during the summer up here. People up here are just as weird, but the complete opposite.

pex said...

dont think ive seen anyone with the top down, thats just dumb unless like you said they are driving a ferrari. even then it would be pretty douchish. i have seen some sandals though

term said...

Anything under 50 degrees here is considered tundra like conditions. People usually wear ~4 layers if it is 40ish, so sandals are no where to be found.